September 9, 2007

A Slow Goodbye to One of My True Loves . . .

Summer. There's no denying that it's coming to an end, I wore jeans to church tonight, a true sign that falls coming. Besides school started, so there's another undeniable piece of evidence that the season that holds my heart is trading itself in for cooler days and colorful trees. I took my last trip down the river yesterday, though the water was low in some places, it was another day of excitement and peace. We went down the one class 2 rapid 3 times, sat and watched a swan swimming around in all it's glory and marveled at the beauty around.

3 comments:

Kim said...

since i live inland, i am not such a summer fan. but, i am soo excited for fall. pumpkins, hot coffee (as i have only enjoyed iced lately), beautiful trees and leaves, the fair, halloween, hot cider thanksgiving, hot chocolate, before you know it it will be christmas.

Grannie Annie said...

Hey H ~ I got a feeling it's a temporary situation. Maybe you'll get a kayak for your graduation---then the last time we'd see you, would be as you paddled off into the sunset!

Another day in the life of Beau Hart :) said...

I agree, I'm sad that summer is drawing to a close. Of course, winter means cooler weather, but I'd keep hot weather year round if it meant an endless summer, haha :)