September 5, 2007

Waiting Life By

I realize that I probably spend a lot of time thinking about things that most people don't think about, like what it's like to be a snake, or how turtles mate, or well there's a tun of other weird things that I think about that most people probably don't but anyway back to the point! But have you ever stopped to think about how much time you spend waiting?

I was stuck in the airport on my way home from Seattle, waiting on a delayed flight, the second one of the trip and there were only two flights, and it occurred to me how much time I spend at airports waiting. This past weekend I spent almost 4 hours waiting for flights, not because they were that late I'm including the standard 1 hour rule. Do you know how much I could do in 4 hours, let me tell you I can get a heck of a lot done. Probably about 3 loads of laundry, a load of dished, I could clean and vacuums my whole apartment, I could almost drive to San Francisco and back, I could make it to Fresno and have time to spare, I could work out, on a Tuesday I could have completed 2 classes for the day; the list goes on and on.

The point is, do you ever think about how much more life you could live if you didn't have to spend so much time waiting. I don't have anything more profound than that, just giving you something to ponder, and I'll leave you with some words of wisdom by the very famous Dr. Seuss:

"The Waiting Place. . . for people just waiting. Waiting for a train to go or a bus to come, a plane to go or the mail to come, or the rain to go or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow or waiting around for Yes or No or waiting for their hair to grow. Everyone is just waiting. Waiting for the fish to bite or waiting for wind to fly a kite or waiting around for Friday night or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake or a pot to boil, or a Better Break or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants or a wig with curls, or Another Chance. Everyone is just waiting. NO! That's not for you!

2 comments:

Another day in the life of Beau Hart :) said...

Hey, Haley! Isn't it amazing what you find to think of while waiting in an airport, ha! :) I was just kidding on that comment I left you as well, I really hope you didn't think I was upset! I really wasn't :) It's hard to communicate over the internet sometimes isnt' it? ha :)

Timbra said...

i love you haley. . . and i wanted to comment on your 101 things that you NEVER cook with onions. . . excuse me mister officer (word up?) you do cook fried rice with onions. . . i too would like to claim this but i add them to salsa and curry. . . you just can't go without in those two recipes! no more WAITING around, off i go to the shower!