August 29, 2007

101 thing about me

Inspired by Kim (100 things) and trying to push myself beyond the requirement!

I hate taking things out of my car when I get home, I'm ready to just be in the house, so my car often becomes full of stuff that I realize I need once I get in the house.

I do exactly the same thing everyday in the shower, and it doesn't matter where I am, the routine stays the same, thus I usually take the same amount of time in the shower every day, give or take a minute.

I get Cosmopolitan Magazine and I don't have any idea why, I've never ordered it or payed for it, yet it just seems to always come.

I check under my pillows every night for spiders.

I apparently vent my anger, as a from of stress relief, on people while I'm driving, but don't worry I don't do anything crazy, not a serious case of road rage.

I'm scared of what my life will be like when I'm not going to school, thus I have a love hate relationship with school, in that when I'm there I don't want to be, but when I'm not there I feel like I've got nothing to do.

I love being in charge.

I often feel like people can't do things as well as I can, thus my need to be in control of the situation and my lack of delegation skills.

I have a hard time going to Target and not spending money.

I'll admit that reality tv sucks me in, even if I feel it is irritainment (see previous blog for definition).

I hate being late.

I'm better at organizing and keeping track of other people's lives than my own, thus I think I'd make a great personal assistant.

I love that feeling of accomplishment and pride after finishing a big event.

I check my email and myspace way to many times a day.

My new computer still stresses me out because it's white and I'm freaked out about getting it dirty.

I love playing games, any game, and it's always nice if I'm on the winning team!

If I could only drink one thing for the rest of my life I would pick Aquafina, it's the best stuff on earth!

Dirty Dancing is one of my all time favorite movies.

Making a difference in the world is very important to me.

I've always wanted a day, you know like when people on American Idol go back to their home town and the Mayor names a day after them, I want a day.

I'm completely freaked out by sharks, and won't swim in the ocean where I can't touch.

Kayaking is my new favorite water sport.

I will willingly admit that I judge people, even though I know I shouldn't, it's harder to not judge than it is to judge, though I'm not proud of it.

I don't like being in silence; music is a major part of my life.

When I need to feel secure, comforted, or I just want to feel comfy, I love to wear my PHS sweatshirt, it's best on a cool summer night.

I frame a lot of pictures but than I never hang them up.

I save lives by donating blood.

Helping people is something I enjoy and want to make part of my life's work.

My favorite smell is after a long day of being in the sun with sunscreen on and swimming, when you've got that classic "summer" smell.

I feel that there's nothing more peaceful than being at the beach in Northern California, the kind of beach where you find a nice rock to sit on and ponder life.

I've been driving for almost 6 years (September 16th!) and I'm still in love with it.

I read the front labels of the bottles in the shower almost every day.

I've come to realize I'm way to particular.

I love cooking and baking, and I do all my cooking without onions, I know some people think it can't be done, but let me tell you my friend, it really can.

I don't mind doing laundry but hate putting it away, though I don't like washing dishes but have no problem putting them away.

I love to read, but don't do it as often as I'd like.

I've come to realize that the simple things in life often bring more happyness than the fancy or expensive things.

I'm not a great speller but I know how to spell happyness, I just like to spell it like the movie because I think the movie does a good job portraying the true "Pursuit of Happyness."

I'm always listening to things or reading things waiting for a good quote to come along.

I'm a Christian and I do my best to live my life alined with my beliefs.

I love to travel, and despite the fact that I don't travel as much as I'd like, I'm trying to realize how lucky I am to get to do the traveling that I do do.

I'm a 49er's Fan, football is the only sport I actually follow, but just my team.

I read CNN pretty much everyday.

I quit biting my finger nails but I still tend to chew on them when I'm stressed or nervous.

I'm an introvert at heart, but I can put on a pretty good front in front of people, though it takes extra energy the more people there are; most people don't believe me when I say I'm shy.

I've come to realize/believe that the saying "the best things in life aren't thing" is very true.

If I had to chose another state to move to besides California I would move to New York.

I want to go to cooking school some day.

I enjoy having fresh flowers in the house, there's something about them that makes it a nicer place to be.

I don't understand the necessity for scary movies, they are just mean and unnecessary.

I'm really big on tradition and don't do well when it gets change, so much so that my mom felt she needed to let me know about 9 months in advance that she changed our beach house for Thanksgiving.

Holiday's are the bomb, and always a good reason to get together with family.

I have a sister with black hair (warning the facts of this statement tend to be disputed).

I believe cooking things on the bbq automatically makes them 10 times better than cooking them in the oven, but within reason, like a lasagna on the bbq; not such a good idea.

If you give me the choice between a cookie and some french fries, 9 times out of 10 I'll pick the fries.

I've realized it's hard to think of 100 things about myself when I'm in the same room, because no matter how many times I look around I see the same stuff, stuff that didn't inspire me with #1 and still isn't inspiring me.

I like to sleep in the middle of the bed with my head between the two pillows.

I've lived in this apartment for over a year and still refer to the lady downstairs as Jessie's wife, I don't know her name, but to be fair she's only talked to me once.

I'm not a huge fan of talking on the phone, it's never been my thing, and I often don't call people because I always feel like I'm disrupting whatever it is they are doing.

ER is the best TV show, and I love doctor shows, fiction or real life.

I have recently discovered the show Dirty Jobs and even though most of the stuff grosses me out, I love watching it.

I've learned that the hottest place in the United States is New Orleans in August, and because of this haven't complained about the temp since I've been back.

I weigh myself pretty much every morning.

I keep spraying spiders with spider spray until they stop moving, none of this spray and wait stuff, and one that note, I have a really hard time getting close enough to pick it up after its dead.

If a spider sneaks up on me, or more like I stumble across if in the house there's no telling what will come out of my mouth.

In 22 years I've yet to hear a good reason why God created the mosquito.

I like going to the movies, even if I've got to do it alone, it's a nice way to escape the world for a few hours.

My dream car is a yellow jeep wrangler, and a yellow hummer comes in a close second.

I can't stand people who use the carpool lane when there is only one person in the car.

San Francisco is the city that holds a piece of my heart.

Mexican food is the bomb.

I'm a true lover of the Harry Potter books, and waited in line for the midnight release for the last 3 books, it stated when I was 18.

Another one of my goals in life is to visit all 50 states, though I've not been keeping good track of the ones I've been to.

Here's something weird, I enjoy the feeling of paint on my skin, it's this nice cold feeling, and it's fun to paint yourself.

There's no cell phone service in my pocket.

My dream dog is a great dane, I want two.

I don't drink coffee, but I love the smell and I like coffee flavored candies.

I set my alarm for 20 minutes before I have to get up in the morning no matter what time I have to get up so that I can hit the snooze 4 times before getting out of bed.

I chose an iPod shuffle over any other kind of iPod because it's the best!

I'm addicted to iTunes and love to buy all my music on there now.

I'm a big fan of making lists, because sometimes there's nothing better than crossing something off of the list.

I've never seen Wizard of Oz or Marry Poppins all the way through.

I don't like to floss, and I don't do it as often as I should, but I'm serious about brushing because I'm always freaked out that something going to happen and I'm going to lose my teeth.

My favorite children's story is If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.

I don't like lunch boxes, the cooler kind, they gross me out because if you don't wash them they start to smell and if you do wash them they are wet inside.

I can't stand prepackaged lunch meat, the thought of eating it grosses me out.

If I were going to go on a game show, I would want to go on Family Feud. I think I would be super good on that show.

I've always wanted a pet gorilla.

The Beach Boys and Eagles are two of my top bands, but if you asked me to sing a song all the way through it would have to be Joy to the World by Three Dog Night.

I hate marshmallows, there is nothing about them that appeals to me.

If you don't already know this than you don't know me that well, I've got a serious phobia of being sticky, though I can be sticky if I can see a way of getting clean very close by.

Camping is not really my thing, but when I'm doing it I realize just how much fun it really is.

I can't function for the day unless I've had a complete shower, if I don't shower I'm of no use.

When I go to put tennis shoes on I always put the right one on first.

I'm a super loud typer, don't know why, though the new computer has helped with the noise a bit, but it's still loud!

The longer my hair gets the more attached to it I get.

I've always wanted a job where I can work from home stuffing envelopes because it's something I could totally do at night while I hanging out watching tv, but I don't know how to go about finding a job stuffing envelopes.

I'm not a fan of the breakfast meal, I don't find it something worth waking up for!

I like to drink milk when I eat pizza and when I eat popcorn.

I know exactly what tattoo I want to get but I'm still too chicken to get it, partly because I haven't decided where I want to get it.

I'm so excited because I just counted and I hit 100, and I just learned that coming up with 100 things about myself is much harder than I thought it would be. And now you probably know way too much about me! (This by the way counts as 101!! But if you don't feel it should thats fine because some of my facts have more than one part!)

And this concludes the fun yet not so fun game of 101 things about Haley

1 comments:

Timbra said...

i found that i wanted to comment on SOOOO many of your "things" and that you've stolen some of mine, or maybe reminded me of the basis of some of mine, and since i'm your sis, OF course I have things i want to comment on. . . now i want to do a list. this will take some time! love you!