October 8, 2007

A new tool


On Friday night like an idiot, instead of looking through several of the pictures on my camera to make sure I had put them on my computer, I saw the first one and thought that I had, so I selected "delete all." And about 2 second after I saw the little thing that says; "no valid images to display," I realized I had in fact no put those pictures on my computer. My only thought was how upset my friend was going to be because they were from his daughter's birthday and he didn't have his camera. Fortunately for me, Brian, while in the middle of making fun of me, said; " you know those pictures are still on there somewhere." So I went home and googled deleted picture retrieval, and came across several different downloadable programs that you could buy. So I figured I could rest easy knowing I would be able to attempt to get my pictures back the next day.

On Saturday I downloaded the trial program, it searched my camera and found the pictures, but the catch was that I had to pay to get them $29, after thinking about it for probably 10 minutes, I decided it was worth it, plus it lasts forever so if I ever do it again I'll have a way to fix it.

It was a pretty cool thing to see pictures pop up that had been deleted long ago, the one small bummer about it was that it didn't get all the pictures, from last weekend it pulled up 18 of the 30, but it's so worth it to get half the pictures back, I'd take that over not having them at all! Plus now if anyone ever accidentally deletes a set of pictures, I now have the ability to get most of them back for you!

That's my dumb move of the weekend; and my new discovery of the weekend, all in one!

3 comments:

Another day in the life of Beau Hart :) said...

That's funny! I did that the other day, it was only a few pictures of the sunset, but was pretty upset. Didn't know there was a way to retrieve them though, that's cool :)

Another day in the life of Beau Hart :) said...

Haley, I have a check for you. I'm going to try and get it in the mail tomorrow for the biggest looser contest :)

Grannie Annie said...

What a pal!