November 6, 2007

Dancing on a Treadmill?

I'll admit, I've got some serious talent; you know your thinking it!

Do you have one of those songs that no matter how hard you try you can't help but dance too, be it a full on dance or just a sway of the body? Well "I've Had the Time of My Life," is that song for me, when it's one I have no control over my body; I just can't sit/stand still no matter how hard I try! I was at the gym today and just happened to be watching Oprah (I'm not a huge fan) and she was doing her show on popular YouTube videos; oh how the times change, who would have ever thought Oprah would do a show on YouTube!?! Anyway this one couple did the Dirty Dancing Time of My life dance as their first dance as husband and wife. Oprah was having them demonstrate their skills (Patrick Swayze was waiting in the background ready to cut in half way through the dance; he's still go the moves!) So all of this to say in a very round about way; I was watching this on TV while walking on the treadmill and I just couldn't stop myself from doing a little mini dance, and I also could stop myself from laughing at myself. I mean seriously, who dances on a treadmill at the gym. I'm pretty sure I was very smooth and no one saw what I was doing, but it's kind of a hard thing to accomplish, go ahead, give it a whirl next time your on one! Anyway a funny little bit about myself, so next time you need a little laughter in your day just think of me dancing ever so slightly on a treadmill in the middle of a crowded gym!!

And until then, listen to the song for yourself and see if you can sit still!!! This has got to be the best part of the movie, and if you've never seen it, sorry for ruining the end, but seriously it's been 20 years, get with the times! (Excuse the subtitles, it's the best quality clip I could find, I'm still not a YouTube guru like some people I know!)

4 comments:

Timbra said...

really, i should have boycotted reading this because this is now your SECOND post that is not called "how to rubiks my way!" but, i know what you mean about the song. . . and nobody puts baby in the corner

Timbra said...

really, i should have boycotted reading this because this is now your SECOND post that is not called "how to rubiks my way!" but, i know what you mean about the song. . . and nobody puts baby in the corner

Timbra said...

oops!

Anonymous said...

you are a nut. i find it funny that "i've had the time of my life" is your dancing song. i can think of a couple for me, but i will say one -sexy back. that's right, how can you be still to that? i can't imagine how you did a little dance on the treadmill without falling, getting pulled downward by the belt, and getting sucked right into the machine. what is that band that had a popular hit i think last year that they all dance on treadmills? i guess it's more like a treadmill routine. i think that they did it at the mtv music awards.

kim