November 16, 2007

Bringing back the Cowboy Boot

I was joking around with a few friends before Halloween, talking about how I have some cowboy boots that I love, but because it's not my style, I feel like a nerd wearing them anytime of year now that I don't have horses. So, instead I just save them for Halloween. The past few years I've done just that; worn them on Halloween, this past year they weren't really even part of the costume, I just couldn't let the opportunity pass me by. Well apparently I'm not the only one.

(Disclaimer: Time and People are my guilty pleasure when I'm traveling through an airport. I like to buy and read them while waiting and flying. Other than that, I never really buy them. It seems that I'm usually flying somewhere when the Sexiest Man Alive issue comes out, so I have the perfect excuse to buy it. Well I wasn't so lucky this year, but I couldn't let the opportunity pass me by, so I bought it today. This disclaimer could be it's own paragraph at this rate, eh, might as well!)

Today while looking through People, I came across an article by Jimmy Kimmel aptly titled "If I Were The Sexiest Man Alive," it was pretty funny, which shouldn't be a surprise if you know Jimmy Kimmel at all, but I came across one part that made me laugh out loud in my car. (Disclaimer two: I was reading this in my car while I was stuck in traffic on the off ramp of Hazel on my way home, I never read things and often laugh when I see people doing it, but I had this magazine with Matt Damon staring at me on the seat next to me, so I just had to. Also I read from the back to the front, not that this really applies; just thought you should know.) It said, and I quote; If I were the sexiest man alive, I would wear cowboy boots even when it wasn't Halloween." Even if the rest of the issue was a disappointment (which it wasn't) that alone was worth every penny.

11 comments:

lissa said...

o gosh... i used to wear cowboy boots when i was a little girl... for awhile i tried to pretend i was a tomboy, haha, and so i loved cowboy boots, even tho they were a pain to put on and take off and they gave my feet blisters..
and now... yeah... i just feel like a nerd, period, if i have cowboy boots on - whether or not it's halloween. heehee.
certain people can look good in them year round.. or @ least natural... take jim burkhalter for example :p
lol

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Timbra said...

you're too much! next year instead of happy halloween i'm going to look for a "happy cowboy boot day" card for you :)

Kara Lane said...

Hey Haley!

That was probably me you saw at Sac State. I didn't know you went there. It would be great to see you there sometime. It is so big, I can lost in a sea of strangers there. Anyways, it was great to hear from you. Let's keep in touch better!

Timbra said...

um, speaking of Jimmy. . i'm watching the AMA's right now and does anyone else think that the former American Idols took home WAAAAAY too much loot this year? oh good. . my london london bridge won't be falling down cuz fergie finally won something! If Underwood or Daughtry were in the running they took it every time!

Kim said...

yes timbra. i only caught the end but almost everyone was daughtry, daughtry, daughtry.

haley you and jimmy are soul mates due to your halloween boots. i think he is hilarious, but it bothers me when his face is constantly expressionless. maybe you could fill your year round boot desires with a different kind of boots???? i love the ones that come up to about mid calf with fur lining, and a little more versatile then cowboy boots. although i agree with elissa some people totally pull of the cowboy boot thing. saturday in the mall i saw this guy with white alligator skin boots on, he had a mohawk, and you could tell he pretty much thought he should've beat matt damon to sexiest man alive.

Grannie Annie said...

I was putting my boots away in a box the other day, and wondering (with a little sigh)when next I would have the opportunity to wear them. They're comfortable and I always get a compliment or two. We were looking through some pics the other night and there in all his glory was the "Naked Cowboy." Perhaps he should be in the running for Sexiest Man Alive.

Anonymous said...

i love cowgirl boots! i have my eye on a pair at this store here in town...they are aqua and brown...so cute!

Timbra said...

um, ian wore cowboy boots for our family pix yesterday, he's only 5, so i think it's acceptable~

Anonymous said...

so this halloween
courtney wore halloween boots.
and they fit me.
and i asked for them
to have. and she gave them to me
and now jimmy kimmell revealed my plan.

WHAT DO I DO??

Anonymous said...

hey boots are way cool! haha yeah i used to read people magazine all the time when i worked at the library. my favorite magazine hehe!