December 4, 2007

Starting the Day with a Shower and a Song

The list below is a compilation of the random songs that I wake up with in my head. I've tried to write down the songs for the past few weeks, as you can see I missed many days, some because I forgot to write them down, and some because I was away from my computer.
I've included:

Day, Date -Name of Song, Artist, Year
The lyrics that I had stuck in my head that I would sing over and over again because it's the only part of the song I could
come up without actually listening to the song.

*The list below is not something that a person could possibly make up!*


Tuesday 11/13 - "Face Down," by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus (2006)
Do you feel like a man
when you push her around?
Do you feel better now, as she falls to the ground?
. . .
Face down in the dirt she said, this doesn't hurt she said I finally had enough.

Wednesday 11/14 - "Take it to the Limit," but The Eagles (1985)
Take it to the limit
Take it to the limit
Take it to the limit one more time

Thursday 11/15 - "What the World Needs Now is Love." by The Carpenters (1965)
What the world needs now is love sweet love,
It's the only thing that there*s just too little of.
What the world needs now is love sweet love,
no not just for some but for everyone.

Saturday 11/17 - "Thanks for the Memories." by Fall Out Boy (2007)
Thanks for the memories
even though they weren't so great

Monday 11/19 - "Return to Sender," by Elvis Presley (1962)
Return to sender, address unknown.
No such person, no such so.
. . .
This time Im gonna take it myself
And put it right in her hand.
And if it comes back the very next day
Then Ill understand

Wednesday 11/21 - "Piano Man," by Billy Joel (1973)
Sing us a song, youre the piano man
Sing us a song tonight

Wednesday 11/28 - "The Way I Am." by Ingrid Michaelson (2007)
If you are chilly, here take my sweater
. . .
Cuz I love the way you call me baby

Thursday 11/29 - "Don't Mess Around with Jim," by Jim Croce (1972)
you don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off an 'ole Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim

Friday 11/30 - "She's Like the Wind," by Patrick Swayze (1987)
Feel her breath on my face
Her body close to me
Can't look in her eyes
She's out of my league
Just a fool to believe
I have anything she needs
She's like the wind
(Double Feature Day) - "All Star," by Smash Mouth (1999)
Hey now you're an All Star get your game on, go play
Hey now you're a Rock Star get the show on get paid
And all that glitters is gold
Only shooting stars break the mold

Sunday 12/2 - "Dirty Little Secret," by All American Rejects (2005)
I'll keep you my dirty little secret
Don't tell anyone or you`ll be just another regret
(Just another regret, hope that you can keep it)
My dirty little secret
Who has to know

Monday 12/3 - "Baby Love," by The Supremes (1964)
Baby Love, My Baby Love
. . .
I need you, oh how I need you
Why you do me like you do
After Ive been true to you

It's actually been really fun to look back on the music I keep in my head, and to research the artist and year as well, I think it's a log I'd like to continue on with!!

1 comments:

Timbra said...

sing us a song your the piano man, sing us a song tonight, cuz we're all in the mood for a melody and you've got us feeling alright singing la. . . . . i love this list you are too much my sister!