January 7, 2008

I mean it's already after Christmas

So I went back to work the Thursday after Christmas. The kids and I were on our way to Funtastic when Aden asked me once again (he was asking about once or twice a week) when I'd get my car back. The conversation went a little like this:
Aden "Haley, when are you going to get your car back?"
Me "I don't know Aden; that's really good question."
Aden " I mean it's already after Christmas"

In my mind I was thinking, "I feel the same way." It was super funny! So we decided that he would be my helper and remind me when we got home to call the body shop! I found out yesterday that he would give his mom updates as well telling her; "Mom, Haley still doesn't have her car back" Kids are too cure sometimes. Later on during the same car trip he asked me when I was going to have a kid, but that's a different story entirely!

And now for my MasterCard Commercial:

Days without car - 39
Cost of deductible - $542.66
Total cost of damage to car - $6,321.62
Getting car back shiny and new - Priceless

6 comments:

Timbra said...

shiny new (and with a few NEW squeaks and rattles) -priceless! i love aden stories, seriously. . . maybe you need a whole separate blog dedicated to "aden-isms" cuz you know. . . .double meat, double cheese, don't forget to check all the aisles and I'm the rock!

laura said...

THis is a test...:)

Timbra said...

blog 2 has been published for the evening. . .and that ends out the "trip" blogs! what a CRAZY one it was! now i will get back to "work" on my photos, instead of just playing and writing about them! today alani wore her ladybug hoodie. . . photos coming soon to an email near you! VERY near you!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you! Yay for having your car back. You should have a party to celebrate.

Reading your blog and Timbra's blog is exhausting! You guys are constantly on the go. Wow, what crazy lives you live. But fun lives, for sure.

Love you and miss you!!!

TREY MORGAN said...

Aden converstations are pretty priceless too. :)

Kim said...

yeah for getting your car back!! and i totally believe what you said about timbra fabricating what you said. i am in the process of getting my christmas blog up at the moment.... 20 years later.

ps. i love the profile photo of jumping haley. so fun.