November 4, 2008

Getting My Vote On

Well I did it; I voted tonight in the 5pm hour.  I'm still not sure I made the right decision for myself; I put off voting right after work so I could have more toiling time and opted for a trip to the gym instead.  After the gym I decided that I just needed to go do it.  I've been toiling over which candidate I wanted to support as well as which way to vote on a particular proposition, and I was hoping that standing in my "booth" the answer would be clear; no such luck(as least on the presidential candidate); had to go with my gut (which wasn't clear either).  And after casting my ballot I was hoping to feel a little more relief then I actually do. Either way, I feel good about myself for doing my duty as an American; now if only there were a Ben and Jerry's close by so I could get my free ice cream!!  I also think there's nothing more American then voting for President in someone's garage!!  This marks my second presidential election since I came of age!  
I'm all about voting on Election Day of so I can get my sticker to wear loud and proud!  

5 comments:

taylorchloejake said...

Good job! Way to vote! I heard starbucks and krispy kreme were giving out free stuff too! Yummy! That's pretty cool you got to vote in someones garage.

Grannie Annie said...

I'll have to photo my sticker...your's is very traditional. And, that's a really cute pic of you! I agree, very cool you got to vote in someone's garage....progress can't touch the process of the American voter!

Timbra said...

i totally didn't comment. i came by, i read, i went to bed last night and thought. . . OH NO, i didn't comment. not even kidding, it's all true. i'm not even going to ask what your gut told you in the end. garage band, garage vote, whatever!!!!

Timbra said...

i thought maybe there would be a new post, the promised one, since i got a comment on my blog. . . i can't believe it took so long to get your package. it was supposed to be like six days. . . that was like, um, let's see. . . 24th-5th. . . 10 days!!! geez! wv: inglo. . a person so white you can see their inner glow (like inner glow/anglo)

Timbra said...

i think i might have to give up on you and the teeth wv: nousn (ebonix for "noun")