January 8, 2009

Books Books and More Books

So the reality is I'm way behind on my Christmas post and while I suddenly feel inspired to post something I'm not on my computer so I don't have the pictures for that one. Everyone knows you can't write the post if you don't have the pictures to inspire you in the moment!! Instead let's cover one of my new years resolutions; books.

As I said before one of my goals for this year is to read an average of a book a week; or 52 books for the year. Well so far so good; it's only the 8th of January and I've finished 3 books; at this rate I could double (or triple) my original goal!! I'm sure at some points my interest in reading will be on the lower end of the scale; or life will be too busy to provide me ample time to be reading more then a book a week. But for now I'm enjoying the pace!

It doesn't hurt that my new job (which is nannying for a 4.5 month old) allows me plenty of reading time during naps!

But I wanted to let everyone know that I've started a list on the right side of the page to document which books I've read. I won't be doing a book review on all of them; goodness knows that would take forever! But if you see a title that looks interesting and want to know more about it feel free to ask; and please if you have anything you think is a must read pass it along the!!!

3 comments:

Timbra said...

yes, i've seen your list, i was impressed that you'd already finished up two, but now THREE!!! if i finish ONE book this year, i'll count myself successful! but it must feel good to be making good on a resolution.

Coy Thorp said...

"Enchantment" by Orson Scott Card.

Grannie Annie said...

I'm sending you a book that comes HIGHLY recommended. Let me know what you think.