November 2, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness ... Day 1

Amidst all the craziness that is my life these days I'm going to attempt to take a few minutes each day this month to share the things I'm thankful for. I know it's the "trendy" thing to do right now but I like the concept and idea of taking at least a little time every day to reflect on the manny blessings in my life and why I'm thankful for them. There has been a little quote going around; something to the effect of "What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for today." By the end of this month I'll have a long list of things I'm thankful for and I'm going to try my best to remember to thank God for each and everyone daily; those and the many more blessings He has given me.


So because I'm a day late today I'll start with being thankful for two things ...

First and for most I'm so thankful for my God and the sacrifice He made in sending His son to the cross to die for my sins; it's through that sacrifice I have been bless with the gift of salvation. I cannot thank God enough for the amazing gift he has given me or the amazing gifts he continues to give me in this life. An ever constant and unwavering God who loves me with all he has.

1 comments:

Timbra said...

This is a PERFECT first day of thankfulness. . . I think we're going to do a "gratitude tree" on our wall in the living room. . . I tried to go yesterday to get what i need. . . well, let's just say, I left the store less than thankful and now i'm reflecting on how poor my attitude was for the next hour or so. . .oops!