May 14, 2012

It's Here, It's Here, It's Finally Here

Well, here we are, moving week has finally arrived.  Most of the goodbyes have been said and the boxes are currently being packed.  It's never easy moving from one place to the next, although it's a lot easer when someone else is packing the boxes!  It's hard to believe that in just a few short day's we'll already be leaving our first home as a married couple and starting the next chapter of our livest together.

I've heard it said that moving and changing jobs are two of the top stressors on a couple ... well here we are!  But my own personal philosophy is that since we're doing both in under 2 months of marriage it shouldn't be a problem because we're still in the honeymoon phase, and with that logic, by the time reality hits, we'll have already fully transitioned into our new daily life; right, right!?!

Today the movers are here packing, tomorrow it's a goodbye lunch at work for Dennis that we'll be going to and possibly the start of some repairs to the house.  Wednesday the movers are actually loading up the truck, which means an exciting night of housecleaning afterwards, and then Thursday morning we pull out, headed for our next exciting adventure together.  And of course the evenings are filled with the last few goodbye dinners. Seriously, it may sound cheesy, but as long as Dennis is next to me, I'll follow him anywhere!!!

People keep asking me if I'm ready, excited, nervous ...  My honest answer is:  I guess, I don't really know what I'm getting myself into.  I don't know anything about living in L.A. or anything about being an Officer's wife in an actually military setting, I don't know where we're going to be living or what our new weekly routine will look like, so sure, I'm ready for all the new and exciting unknown.  Granted there are moments when I'm sad, and moments like last night when I was simply so overwhelmed at the idea of moving and not knowing when I was going to see my stuff again that I just sat on the bed for a while instead of packing.  But in each of those moments I've got a great man beside me telling me it's all going to be just fine, and every morning I wake up excited for what the day holds and what tomorrow will bring.

1 comments:

Timbra said...

well sister, you are now off on your new adventure. . .setting up a new home, unpacking boxes, learning your way around a new place. . .the other day someone was asking me about your move and i said, that i think for a long time you thought you'd live in N. CA forever, but now that you are with the person you are spending your life with, some of those things you thought were very important are less important since you just want to be where he is. . . i love you!!!